|Artist||Gillman & Co.|
|Dimensions||Image 292 x 368 mm|
A photograph taken of the Ball Room that was erected for the Commemoration Ball in 1909.
Gillman & Co, eventually to become Gillman and Soame, were a major photographic company that is still operating today. Charles Gillman first had his shop in 1882 at 107 St. Aldate's. The first mention of Gillman and Co. is in 1880. In 1891, Gillman & Co received royal recognition with their appointment to HRH The Prince of Wales. In 1931, they incorporated George Leslie's photographic studios and were based at 16 Cornmarket Street. In 1932, they incorporated Hills and Saunders and by 1938 they were based in 56 High Street and 30 Cornmarket. The company specialised in group portraits and sporting scenes.
Condition: Laid on board as issued with original calligraphy title