|Artist||A. Herbert after M. Thompson|
|Published||[n.d. c. 1810]|
|Dimensions||Image 159 x 225 mm, Sheet 188 x 226 mm|
Rare and early lithograph.
Thomas Emerson, presented the city with a new market cross covered with lead and supported by twelve pillars of stone on which he carved the arms of his ancient masters 'for the ornament of the city and the commodity of the people frequenting the market of Durham.'
(A History of the County of Durham: Volume 3. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1928.)
Condition: Trimmed with some discolouration to sheet.