|Artist||E. W. Evans after Francis Philip Barraud|
|Published||London Published March 2.nd 1891, by Mess.rs Dickinson & Foster, Publishers to The Queen. 114, New Bond Street, W. Copyright Registered.|
|Dimensions||Image 354 x 491 mm, Plate 434 x 560 mm, Sheet 495 x 622 mm|
A finely etched interior view of the Chapel at Radley College.
Francis Philip Barraud (1824 - 1900) was an English watercolurist, etcher and painter of stained-glass windows. In 1858, Barraud went into partnership with Nathaniel Wood Lavers in a company which produced stained-glass windows in the conventional Gothic Revival manner. Up until that point, Barraud had been a freelance designer and was renowned for his excellent draughtsmanship, which can be seen to manifest in his etching. In the 1880's, Barraud produced the watercolours for a series of thirty chromolithographs of English cathedrals. He also exhibited with the Fine Arts Association in 1884.