|Artist||H. W. Moore|
|Published||1875 - 1881|
|Dimensions||Sheets 545 x 375|
A collection of nine lithographically reproduced drawings of unusual Oxford buildings some of which no longer exist by the architect Harry Wilkinson Moore.
The images include:
Old bit of Balliol College
William IV pub (57 Hollywell Street)
In Cornmarket Street formerly part of the Old Crown Inn
An Old House in "The High" Oxford
Old bit of Magdalen College
Prideaux BDGS. The Turl
Harry Wilkinson Moore (1850-1915) was a Victorian and Edwardian architect. He was the son of Arthur Moore (1814-1873) and Mary Wilkinson (1821-1904), and a nephew of the architects George Wilkinson and William Wilkinson. Moore was a pupil of William Wilkinson in 1872 and assistant to Alfred Waterhouse in 1878. Moore was in partnership with William Wilkinson from 1881 and was made a Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1888.
Condition: All sheets foxed and water stained.