|Method||Drypoint and drawing|
|Dimensions||Image & Plate 126 x 175 mm, Sheet 148 x 210 mm|
A touched working proof.
The rustic wooden bridge, built by Capability Brown during his landscaping of the gardens in 1779-82, with the thatched roof of the lock-keepers cottage beyond. On Tuesdays and Thursdays during the season, picnic parties were allowed to land at the bridge, which stood in the parkland of the Harcourt Family. The estate cottages were built in 1832 by W S Gilpin on the site of the old village.