|Method||Lithograph with tint stone|
|Artist||R. M. Bryson|
|Published||Day & Son, Lithrs to the Queen. For sale by Auction by Messrs. Farebrother, Clark & Lye. 1856.|
|Dimensions||Image 197 x 285 mm, Sheet 245 x 341 mm.|
Berrymead, the earliest recorded residence in Acton, was gifted by Henry VIII to the Russells of Bedford. Occupants included the Marquesses of Halifax and the Dukes of Kingston. In 1802-3 the house was Gothicised and renamed The Priory. By 1982 it was derelict, and was demolished in 1984.
Louis Haghe and William Day were the most famous Victorian firm of lithographic printing in London. They created and printed lithographs dealing with a wide range of subjects, such as hunting scenes, architecture, topographical views and genre depictions. They pioneered the new techniques for chromolithography as well as hand-tinted lithographs. In 1838, Day and Haghe were appointed 'Lithographers to the Queen'. After William's death in 1845, the firm became known as 'Day & Son'.
Condition: Good clean impression, repaired tear to left of inscription space.