|Method||Aquatint with original hand colour|
|Artist||Robert Havell after Nathaniel Whittock|
|Published||Oxford, Published Augst. 24, 1819.|
|Dimensions||Image 308 x 387 mm, Plate 372 x 460 mm, Sheet 457 x 569 mm|
A scarce view of the mediaeval Church of St, Martins's which was demolished in 1820 to make way for a new church designed by Harris and Plaowmann. In 1896, this church was also demolished to widen the junction at Carfax. The Cheltenham & Gloucester coach is depicted coming down Queen Street.
Nathaniel Whittock (1791-1860) was lithographer to the University of Oxford. He was born in Oxford but moved to London in 1828. His nephew, Henry Hyde, was also an engraver.