|Published||Published by John L. Linney, Ripon. c.1850|
|Dimensions||Image 87 x 138 mm, Sheet 107 x 150 mm|
A scene of the ossuary or "bone house" in the crypt at Ripon cathedral in Yorkshire. The ossuary within Ripon cathedral existed until 1865 when Sir Gilbert Scott had them cleared out and buried as part of his restoration of the cathedral. The space now houses the Song School and the Chapel of the Resurrection.
William Monkhouse (1812 - 1896) was a British artist and printmaker. Monkhouse was the leading lithographer in York and made the city a centre for lithographic printing.
Condition: Trimmed within platemark.