|Dimensions||Image 202 x 260 mm|
Inscription continues: 'Pulled down 1896 + Linked to Parish of All Saint's, High St.'
Photograph of the second St. Martin's Church, Carfax, with the High Street shop-fronts of the booksellers (Henry) Slatter & Rose, and Goold and Son.
St. Martin's Church, Carfax, was built in the eleventh-century. In 1820 it was declared unsafe, and was completely demolished apart from the thirteenth-century west tower. The rebuilt church was opened in 1822, but demolished in 1896 to make room for traffic.