|Method||Copper engraving with hand colouring|
|Artist||John Barnett after John Chessell Buckler|
|Published||Gent. Mag. Vol II. Nov. 1834.|
|Dimensions||Image 100 x 154 mm, Sheet 133 x 190 mm|
A view of St Giles Church from the Gentleman's Magazine from 1834.
John Chessell Buckler (1793-1894) was an architect and antiquary. His work included restorations of country houses and buildings at the University of Oxford. He was the son of John Buckler (1770 –1851), an outstanding architectural draughtsman and Bailiff for Magdalen College's Southwark Estate for sixty years, whose views in Oxford, especially Magdalen College, rank amongst the finest ever produced.