|Artist||John Le Keux after Frederick Mackenzie|
|Published||London, Published September 1st 1842 by Tilt & Borgus, Fleet Street|
|Dimensions||Image 86 x 154 mm, Sheet 141 x 225 mm|
From Le Keux's Memorials of Cambridge, A series of views of the Colleges, Halls, and Public Buildings, engraved by J. Le Keux; with historical and descriptive accounts by Thomas Wright and H. Longueville (first published in London in 1841).
John Le Keux (1783-1846) was an engraver who was involved in several topographical books including the companion work Memorials of Oxford and Memorials of Cambridge, whilst the artist Frederick Mackenzie (1787-1854) was a watercolour painter and architectural draughtsman who made drawings for Ackermann's University of Oxford and Public Schools, and twenty-four of the Oxford Almnanacks between 1821-1853.
Condition: Trimmed within plate mark. Overall time toning, mainly to edges of the sheet. Some light foxing in inscription space lower left.